Massachusetts Justice of the Peace


Donna R. Thomas

Serving Berkshire County, MA

Proud Member of the
Mass. Justice of the Peace Assoc.



I have been a Justice of the Peace since 1999 and the most important day of your married life is also my most important day.

I have performed more than 100 wedding ceremonies and vow renewals and have enjoyed each and every one of them.

I have officiated in churches, reception halls, back yards, living rooms, islands in the middle of a pond, boat docks, snowy horse pastures, and bridges and in just about every kind of weather. 

I have shared ceremony duties with Priests, Ministers and others. Some weddings include Jewish or Christian elements. Some are all about nature and its glory, some focus on God and others choose a simple civil ceremony. No matter how the ceremony is conducted, I always focus on respect for one another and love is only one ingredient of a good marriage.

I encourage couples to set some time aside to get together with me before the big day. It gives me a better understanding of their relationship and what is most important to them.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss your plans. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Best Wishes,

 Justice Donna Thomas



Fee Schedule


Additional Information 

  Ceremonies taking place in Otis, Massachusetts     $100.00  
  Ceremonies taking place outside of Otis     $150.00  
  Rehearsals in Otis     $ 25.00 (Limit 1 Hour)  
  Rehearsals outside of Otis     $ 75.00 (Limit 1 Hour)  

Your input is VERY important. I'd be happy to meet with you to help design the perfect ceremony. You may wish to write your own vows or choose from an assortment of vows that I have.

Perhaps you'd like to ask someone special to share a reading during the ceremony.

Would you like an intimate ceremony in your own home?

Witnesses are not required in Massachusetts, so maybe you would prefer a very private ceremony with only yourselves and your solemnizer present.




A valid Certificate of Marriage issued by a Massachusetts Town or City Clerk is required before I am able to officiate at your marriage ceremony.

After your ceremony, your certificate will be mailed to the Town or City Clerk where you filed your Intention to Marry.

Certified copies of your marriage certificate may be obtained from your Town or City Clerk.

Please follow the link below for a list of Town and City Clerks from the Massachusetts Secretary of State's office.



Listing of City and Town Clerks




Donna Thomas, Justice of the Peace

P.O. Box 217

Otis, Massachusetts 01253